apply online Indian passport
An Indian passport is a passport issued by order of the President of India to Indian citizens for the purpose of international travel. It enables the bearer to travel internationally and serves as proof of Indian citizenship as per the Passports Act (1967). The Consular Passport & Visa (CPV) Division of the Ministry of External Affairs, functions as the central passport organization, and is responsible for issuing Indian passports on demand to all eligible Indian citizens. Indian passports are issued at 93 passport offices located across India and at 162 Indian diplomatic missions abroad.
To meet this increased demand of passport demand and related services , the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) launched the Passport Seva Project (PSP) in May 2010.
Passport Seva enables simple, efficient and transparent processes for delivery of passport and related services. This project creates a countrywide networked environment for Government staff and integrates with the State Police for physical verification of applicant’s credentials and with India Post for delivery of passports.
To apply online passport follow simple step below.
How to apply:
- Register through the Passport Seva Online Portal. (Click on “Register Now” link on the Home Page )
- Check your email and click on the link to active your account.
- Login to the Passport Seva Online Portal with the registered Login Id. and password.
- Click “Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport”
- Fill in the required details in the form and submit.
- Click the “Pay and Schedule Appointment” link on the “View Saved/Submitted Applications” screen to schedule an appointment.
- Choose payment option *online payment /challan payment
- Online Payment can be made using any one of the following modes:
- SBI Bank Challan
- Internet Banking (State Bank of India (SBI) and Associate Banks and Other Banks)
- Credit/Debit Card (MasterCard and Visa)
- Online Payment has been made mandatory for booking appointments at all Passport Seva Kendras/Passport Offices.
- Choose shedule appointment and passport seva kendra for appointment.
- Click the “Print Application Receipt” link to print the application receipt containing Application Reference Number (ARN)/Appointment Number.
- Visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)/Regional Passport Office (RPO) where appointment has been booked, along with original documents.
- Upload a supporting document.
List of Documents Required for Fresh Passport Issuance
Click here to know the list of document required for fresh passport.
- On the day of appointment keep all your original document ready for inspection
Take printout of Application Reference Number (ARN)
Also keep self attested photocopy of all your document for scanning purpose. Visit PSK at the given appointment Date/Time along with above document.
- Only emergency/medical cases and preapproved categories may visit Passport Seva Kendra without appointment. Service will be provided at the discretion of Passport Seva Kendra in-charge/Passport Officer.
- In case of minor applicants (below 4 years of age), carry the recent passport size photograph (4.5 X 3.5 cm) with white background.
- Re-submission of application form is required, in case the applicant does not visit the Passport Seva Kendra within 90 days from the online form submission.
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND DO NOT FORGET TO SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!!!!!!