Palolem is one of the beautiful beaches in all of Goa. A natural bay surrounded by lofty headlands on either side. This results in a calm, idyllic sea with a gently sloping bed that allows you to walk up to 100 m out from the beach
HOW TO REACH:
The easiest way to get to Palolem is to take the train to Margao (called Madgaon in the rest of India) or fly to Goa Dabolim Airport(GOI) and pay for a Government approved fixed-price taxi to Palolem. Fixed-price taxis are available from the train station and from Goa Dabolim Airport(GOI) at Vasco da Gama.
Alternatively, Canacona is Palolem’s nearest train station, approximately 5 minutes drive away, but for shorter journeys from other parts of India it is almost always better to arrive by bus due to the remoteness of the train station from Palolem beach.
Backpackers may also take a State Transport bus from Margao Bus Stand to Canacona or Palolem. The journey by bus usually takes around 90 minutes and costs Rs. 40. If you alight at Canacona bus station, you can take an autorickshaw or taxi to Palolem Beach which is only about 3 km. The journey by bus is comfortable and the route is a scenic one. However, do keep in mind that local buses in Goa are not air-conditioned and at times quite dusty and busy. It is possible to walk from the bus station to Palolem, but might not be the ideal option on a hot sunny day.
NEAREST TOURIST PLACE:
Cotigao wildlife sanctuary is a good day trip from palolem. you can also ride along the narrow but beautiful coastal road northwards to visit agonda beach and still further north cabo da rama
- You can take a boat ride in the river joining the sea on northern side of the beach.
- Scuba diving (near Palolem Guest house)
- Canyoning and trekking tour (book at Casa Fiesta restaurant)
- Rent self-paddle sea kayak boat(in samson’s kiosk)
- Take a boat trip to see Dolphins, best time is sunset and sunrise, near the Church on the right hand side.
- Day trip to Dudhsagar Falls which are in the top 100 highest falls in the world.
- A visit to the spice farms.